Blackberries and lemon make this gin cocktail as refreshing as it is beautiful
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice In a pinch, Minute Maid frozen juice (thawed) may be substituted
- 6 large blackberries
- 1/2 ounce Creme de Cassis
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup Heat equal amounts water & sugar until sugar is dissolved; cool before using. Store covered in refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin St. George Botanivore Gin preferred
- blackberries & sprig of mint for garnish
Muddle the lemon juice and 6 berries in a rocks glass. Fill glass with ice.
Combine Creme de Cassis, simple syrup, and gin in a shaker (or jar with lid) and stir to combine. (Can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve)
Add gin mixture to muddled berries and lemon, stir and garnish with the additional berries and mint