Korean Cucumber Salad
This is a quick and simple salad featuring cucmbers, green onions and sesame seeds. Nice crunch, and the red pepper flakes give it a kick!
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (I use a mix of white & black seeds)
- 1 English cucumber sliced thin
- 1/2 green onion sliced
- 1/2 carrot peeled & cut into thin match stick size pieces
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium size bowl.
In a small saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in sesame seeds and cook until browned, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes.) Remove from pan and add to bowl with vinegar mixture.
Add remaining 4 ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes.